Sunday, July 6, 2008

Apple Pie

We have 5 dwarf apple trees on our property. The apples have been coming in over the last couple of months and they were finally ready to pick this week. We have had them sitting on our counter in a basket, but things have been so busy around here that we haven't been able to do anything with them.

Today, Owen and I decided to make an apple pie. It was a fun team effort. Owen peeled the apples and I cored and sliced them. Owen mixed all the sugary goodness and I made the pretty edges around the top of the pie. Then we both had a warm slice with ice cream on top after it came out of the oven. Our apples tasted delish and the Pillsbury crust was great.

We're going to have to make apple pie baking a family tradition each and every summer.

1 comment:

Deanne said...

I was lamenting to Ryan this evening about us not having some kind of yummy treat to snack on. I see now that I was just in the wrong house! Homemade apple pie.....mmmmmmmmm!!!