Friday, July 25, 2008

Cars in the House

One of the things Owen and I said we would never do is let the boys drive cars or big wheels in the house.

Tonight we had to bend the rule a little.

We were outside saying goodbye to Dad and Sue and as we walked back in the house James wanted someone to push him around in his Little Tykes car. We had a choice to make. Either we stay outside and push him around the yard or we go inside and push him around the house. Being Friday night, we were both exhausted and ready for the boys to go to bed so we let him take the car in the house.

I drove him from the front door to the kitchen to get his bottle. Then we cruised from the kitchen into his bedroom for "nigh, nigh."

He seemed happy with his ride and we were happy not to have to run around the yard. I think the compromise was worth it!

Also, Matthew tried green beans for the first time today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing there will be a lot of things in the house that you have said would not happen.

Jim said...

You didn't comment on how well Matthew could spit out the green beans!!