Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Food, Fingers, Food, Fingers

Trying to get food into Matthew's mouth has been a little tricky.

He's a finger sucker.

He actually reminds me of my cousin Ali when she was a little girl. She always had her fingers in her mouth. Wish I had a picture to attach, she was soooo cute!

Anyhow, we started giving him rice cereal and apple sauce about 2 weeks ago and it's been quite a challenge.

I get a spoonfull of food in, the fingers go in, the food comes out. I pull the fingers out and put another spoonfull of food in, the fingers go in, the food comes out.

This goes on throughout the whole feeding.

It's a messy event, but with a big bib and a wet washcloth we get the job done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like the nursing home I was in today

Unknown said...

You're too funny!