Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Playing together!

Being only 14 months old when Matthew came home from the hospital, James didn't really understand that there was a new baby in the house. We were so relieved because we'd heard about older children getting jealous of new babies in the home.

Well, it didn't take long before he caught on. Sometimes I'd find James whacking Matt in the head with a toy or when I was trying to breast feed the baby James would just stand at my feet and cry to be picked up. I have often been seen feeding Matthew on one side and snuggling with James under my other arm. Quite a sight to see.

We keep on top of James about hitting his brother, but we didn't know if he really got it since his behavior hadn't stopped.

Well this week we've made some MAJOR progress. The boys played together, sharing a toy, for the first time. YEA!! It was an adorable moment and of course I captured it with a photo.


Murphy's Law...as I'm writing this James walked up to Matt and slapped him on the head. I told him not to hit and he switched to scratching Matt on the head. I told him to be gentle, so he rubbed his head.

I guess we still have some issues, but we're making progress.

All right---He just whacked it again---gotta run!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not- they will be best friends someday
this comes from someone who seen it happen