Wednesday, July 2, 2008

James goes swimming. TWICE!

Our new church has a Pray and Play group for moms of babies through preschoolers every Wednesday morning. We meet at various parks and homes. Today was at a home. It was the perfect home for a playdate. It had a fenced in yard with grass, cement, a kiddie pool and it was completely childproofed. The family had a playhouse, a climbing structure, a little slide, a teeter totter, and several trikes. It was a kids dream and the moms were able to relax and enjoy eachother's company.

There were about 15 toddlers running around the yard enjoying all the toys, but especially the little pool. It is amazing how water can entertain kids for long periods of time.

After about an hour and a half of pooltime and playtime we decided to head home. I brought a very wet James into the house, changed his diaper and got him dressed in dry clothes.

We went back outside to gather Matthew and clean up our belongings. I snuck back in for a quick moment when all of the sudden I heard people laughing and calling my name from the patio. I walked back toward the sliding glass doors and looked at my friends to see what's up. They were all pointing to the kiddie pool.

There James is. Fully dressed, fresh diaper and new outfit---SOAKING WET FROM HEAD TO TOE!!

What could I do but take a deep breath and remind myself that he's providing me good blog material----That's something to be happy about----right???

2 comments:

Deanne said...

Many a moment with the kids has my mind rung with these thoughts....I'm sooo blogging this! :)

Anonymous said...

too funny....from miles away.