James is cracking me up lately. His favorite word is yeah. He uses it all of the time.
"James, do you want a bowl of cereal?"
"Yeah"
"Would you sit down in your chair please?"
"Yeah"
"Isn't it a pretty morning outside the window?"
"Yeah"
"Can you say anything other than yeah?"
"Yeah"
"Well, what can you say?"
He stops, gives a puzzled look, then giggles!
He's too cute! And he knows exactly what he's doing.
Side note: As Owen and I were discussing what I'd blog on today it started a conversation on the pronunciation of yea and yeah. I thought I knew that yeah was yeah and yea was yea, but was only 99% sure and I didn't want to publish my post incorrectly. You can see how confusing this can get, yeah-yea, yea-yeah. I figured a dictionary might help, so I went on to www.dictionary.com and was pleased to find audio help. I clicked the speaker icon and a woman's voice said the word. Now I am 100% sure that yea is yea and yeah is yeah.
As a follow up from yesterday's post: Matthew only woke up once last night. Yea! (not yeah) He just wanted his bottle and went right back down. Unfortunately, now that the boys are sharing a room, Matt woke James up and James didn't go back down for an hour. I did get some rare snuggle time with the little guy and that's a blessing!
2 comments:
enjoyed reading the blog and finding out what the difference is between 'yea' and 'yeah'
keep up the posts, Debbie
Hi Evelyn,
As long as the kids keep giving me funny stories I'll keep on writing. I usually get at least one a day!
Post a Comment