Sunday, July 27, 2008

Family of Seven

Maddie came home today!!!!! We are so happy to have her back in our care. She reports to have had a nice vacation with her dad and his family, but is happy to be home.

Many of you know that Maddie is a popular girl and won't be surprised to hear that she had visitors within 15 minutes of arriving home. Her two new best friends Katie and Savannah called earlier in the day and asked if they could drop by for a quick visit to welcome Maddie home. Of course, as much as I wanted her all to myself, I said yes because they are so sweet and Maddie would be excited to see them. They had a nice reunion and brought brownies for the family and Savannah made Maddie a pair of pj bottoms at her sewing camp. It was a short but happy visit.

After that visit Maddie and I hopped in the car and drove to the San Diego Airport to pick up two of her best friends from up north. Remi and Shannon are here for the week to go to a Sea World Day Camp with Maddie. So this week we are a family of seven. Five kids and two adults. Owen and I are TOTALLY outnumbered!

The girls are settled in and enjoying a nightime swim in the pool right now. They're playing truth or dare. I don't know about these pre-teen games. I think I'm going to have to keep a close eye on these girls. Is it ok to evesdrop on your own kids and their friends????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun?

Deanne said...

I'm so glad to hear that Maddie is home again! Sounds like you've got a great, busy week ahead! Oh, and Maddie's friends stopping by with brownies and pj's....so sweet! She's got some good new friends!

**wow, look at all those exclamation points!!...see, there I go again. :)