Owen thought it would be a good idea for Maddie and I to spend a day together while he watched the boys. What a thoughtful Dad and Husband. We're so blessed.
The day began at Home Depot where Maddie created a kids project. She made a little boat with a sail. We also found some nice plants to go out by the pool.
Next, Maddie wanted to go the the Poway Library. She chose a Nancy Drew mystery and a book about dog care.
We dropped by home to feed the baby and to put our new plants in the backyard. Owen was doing great with the boys. James was down for his nap and Matthew was sitting adorably in Owen's lap, smiling and making little cooing sounds.
After visiting awhile we headed out to one of the larger malls in the area. This is a mall that I don't tend to visit because of difficult parking. As I had troll the aisles I always notice that they have valet parking available, but figure it's too expensive. I decided to splurge and whatever the cost, today I was going to pay. After all, it was ladies day out and ladies shouldn't have to hike through parking lots with all of their shopping bags should they?
Our first stop on our mall adventure was the cafe at Nordstoms where we enjoyed lunch. Then we spent the next couple of hours strolling through the stores. We bought Maddie a cute pair of capris and got some father's day shopping done too. When it was time to go, we headed to the nice shady bench in the valet area and our car was brought right to us with the AC on full blast. It was great and only cost $10 including tip!
Maddie asked to end the day with a fun family swim. Everyone enjoyed the pool and hot tub and little Matthew sat in his rocker watching all the fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment