Thursday, June 5, 2008

Field Trips, Baths and Portraits

Owen and Maddie spent the day at Legoland with Maddie's 5th grade class and their 1st grade "buddy" class today. It was the first time Owen had chaperoned a class trip--after all it's LEGOLAND! Owen ended up being responsible for 2 5th grade girls and 2 1st grade girls. Can you imagine that? Maddie reports back that he handled it like a champ. The highlight of Owens day was seeing Lego Las Vegas and for Maddie it was posing for a picture in the same spot that she took one on our last trip 7 years ago. All in all it was a memorable father-daughter event.



While Maddie and Owen were enjoying the day at Legoland, I took on the challenge of taking the boys to JC Penny's for their 3 month and 18 month portraits. Before leaving home James and I gave Matthew a bath in the sink. James likes to pull up our step ladder and "help" with the bathing. After Matthew was dried and dressed James stood on the floor pulling up his pajama shirt and saying, "uppie, uppie." I figured out that this meant that he wanted a bath in the sink too. We had some time and Matthew was snuggly in his swing, so I bravely filled the sink with warm water and put James in. Soon, I found myself searching for any absorbant item in the kitchen to soak up the water covering our counters and floor. After all, what's a bath in the sink without splashing. It was a lot of fun and I think he enjoyed it.


Sue came over shortly thereafter and we loaded the boys up in the car and headed to the portrait studio. We started with Matthew who adorably posed in a couple different postions.
They tried to get him to sit up, but he's not quite ready for that yet. Next we did a few of both boys. Matthew just held his position patiently while James crawled around him and kept slipping off the back of the blocks that they had him sitting on. We finished with James. He had a big smile as the photographer's helper threw a ball with him. We ended up with the adults having a good workout and several good shots. I ordered a bunch and will be sending them via mail by the end of June. I'll also send family a link so you can look at the photos on-line.

No comments: