
Today was Maddie's promotion day from 5th grade. She will be an official middle schooler next year. (pictured on the right with her teacher Mr. Navarette and principal Mrs. Malanga)
By having her repeat 5th grade we really got to keep her our "little girl" for one extra year. It kind of felt like a bonus year was added to her life.
Now begin the changes into pre-adolescence. Will she get a little more moody? Will we have mother daughter issues? Will she start to notice boys? Will she want to wear make up or more fashionable clothes?
Whatever happens, I feel confident that Maddie is a self-assured, strong minded young lady who will make many wise decisions. My prayer is that she has absorbed all we've been teaching her during these elementary years, that our values have been planted in her soul like little seeds that have taken root and will grow as she begins to spread her wings and make some of her own decisions, and that she knows that she can always come to us for guidance. I pray that she has a teachable attitude so we can continue training her up to be a follower of Christ and that she sees that following His ways will guide her to the life He has planned for her. Lastly, I pray that she is protected from all of the ungodliness that the world is throwing at our children each day and realizes that what the world has to offer is temporary and fleeting and what God has to offer will last for eternity.
Ok--so I'm being a little dramatic tonight--I guess every mother is allowed. The next dramatic post will come after 8th grade graduation... stay tuned.
1 comment:
RE: your third paragraph:
If there is anything I am sure of in this life it is that all of the questions you reference will indeed come true.
I am also sure that Maddie will get through all this quite well and become a wonderful young lady!
Post a Comment