Question:
How many shoe stores does it take to find the exact shoes Maddie is looking for?
Answer:
More than 5.
Maddie has been asking for a new pair of school shoes. Before I would agree to purchasing a new pair of shoes I asked her to go through her closet, sort her shoes into keep and donate piles, and then give me a report.
She did as I asked and completely organized her shoes. She even put the ones that don't fit any more into the donate pile. This is a major event in our house because Maddie is well know for NEVER throwing anything away without being threatened or forced. (Good job Maddie!)
Anyhow, when we had our she report meeting she was down to 2 pairs of converse tennies, 1 pair of Land's End brown suede MaryJanes and a few pairs of rubber shoes (Dr. Schools, Crocs and flip flops) which she can't wear to school. She also put about 5 pairs into the donation bag.
Being very proud of her organizational skills, I agreed to allow her to buy one pair of fashionable canvas slip on tennis shoes. You know, something with little hearts, cherries or stars on the canvas. Something all little girls would love to wear.
James, Maddie and I headed out to a shopping center which had 5 potential stores to shop for shoes. We had a Payless Shoe Source, Shoe Pavillion, Mervyns, Marshalls and Ross. I felt confident the perfect shoes at the perfect price were awaiting us.
It seemed that every store we went in had the perfect style, but not in her size. We still felt hopefull after the first store, even after the second, but by the third store we felt a bit defeated. James and Mom were beginning to get a little fussy, so we picked up the pace and continued on. Store 4 was another bust and store 5 was the most disappointing because it was our last chance.
Luckily the shoes were more of a want than a need and she won't have to walk 10 miles barefoot through the snow to get to school like Owi did. Right Evelyn;)
3 comments:
and it was uphill both ways, too
I hate it when that happens! Maybe it was because she had something too specific in mind, that seems to be my downfall in situations like that. Maybe the next store?! :)
Believe me....it will be much easier with the boys when it comes to shoe shopping!
Post a Comment