Yesterday was Maddie's first day of school. We now have an official middle schooler.
For the last week she has been talking about how much she can't wait to get back to school. At first I was taking it a bit personally. After all, a mom creates the atmosphere in the home and to have someone so excited to get out of here is a reflection on the job I'm doing, right?
No.
After giving it some thought and remembering back to my own younger years, I realize that she's just at that age where she wants to get out and practice some independence. She needs to have some freedom and spread her wings a little. It's just a fact of life that our kids grow up and I'm going to embrace it.
So, as I dropped her off and she ran towards her friends, I let her go with a smile on my face and a sense of pride that we have raised an independent and confident girl.
May God bless you, Maddie, as you begin your new adventure!
Proverbs 22:6
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
1 comment:
You must be very proud of Maddie! I trust her first week went well!
Post a Comment