Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Feeding Time

One thing I enjoy is feeding the boys. I especially enjoy days where they're both eating breakfast at the same time.

I set both high chairs up next to eachother, get the rice cereal and fruit ready for Matthew and the bowl of yogi (yogurt) ready for James. Next, I sit down and start to alternately feed each child.

One bite for James.

One bite for Matthew.

Repeat until all food is gone.

Within minutes food is seeping from Matthew's mouth and covering his hands and arms and James is trying to grab the spoon from my hand to feed himself. This results in food all over his face and down his shirt or bib.

The entire process makes a huge mess and I generally start laughing about half way through when a big drop of food lands on the clean shirt or pants I just put on. I'm not sure if I'm laughing because it's funny or because it's overwhelming.

Whatever the case, I'm believing that the laughter comes from joy. Otherwise I may just find out that I'm going a little crazy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is great you can laugh about it!