We get up and ready for a 9am orthodontic appointment and just as we're walking out the door Maddie announces that she can't find her head gear and hasn't seen it since she got back from her dad's house 8 weeks ago. The one thing she is sure of is that it's at our house.
In a moment of true mommy craziness, I walk into her room and systematically dump every drawer, empty every bag in the closet and pull every item out from under her bed and throw it all into the middle of her floor.
Still no headgear.
As I exit the room and look back, it looks like a bomb exploded in there and I tell Maddie that she'll be cleaning it as soon as she gets home from school and she's grounded from tv and the computer for a week. For once she doesn't argue because she can see I'm in no mood for that.
After school she obediently cleans the room and even decides to give some stuff away--added bonus! This makes me very happy, but still no headgear.
Thankfully for Maddie, the doctor has decided that she doesn't need to wear the headgear anymore. That girl got L-U-C-K-Y! Her bank account remains full, because I was seriously considering having her pay for a replacement.
Anyhow, out of all this did come something cute. In the giant pile of stuff Maddie found a green wig that one of her cousins gave her a few years ago. She's decided that this is her new favorite accessory and is wearing it all around the house.
When she puts it on it's like she becomes a dramatic cartoon of herself. She has been walking around the house talking in funny voices, singing songs and acting like a supermodel all night.
To top it off she's decided that James should have his turn with the wig too. I don't think he likes it too much, but it sure makes us laugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment