Thursday, August 7, 2008

Traveling with Babies

Owen and I sat down today to brainstorm a list of things to bring on our trip to family camp next week. We are staying in a cabin with bedding included and all of the food and entertainment are provided. Packing should be easy, right????

Our list started with formula, bottles, sippy cups, diapers, wipes, swim diapers, toys, swing, 2 portable cribs, stroller, pacifiers, etc. etc. etc. This is the beginning of the boys list. We haven't even gotten to clothes yet, let alone Maddie, Mom and Dad!

50 items later I start thinking that we may need to bring two cars. Of course you can't go to family camp in two cars. Half of the fun is driving there and back with three screaming kids.

As any couple who wants to remain happily married does, we put the list down and moved on to lunch and tv watching. We still haven't talked any more. I think we're going to submit the problem to prayer. If God can move mountains He can certainly make room in the minivan for a family of 5 and all of their gear!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my....I'll be praying that you can find a way to pack it all in and still maintain your sanity! Don't forget the DVD's for James in the car! Love ya, Pam

P.S. Maybe if there's not enough room, you can stay home alone!

Deanne said...

Two words for you...roof rack. :)

I know you two will figure it out and you'll all have a great time (even if you forget something)! I look forward to seeing you when you get back and hearing how it all went. Have fun!