Maddie, Matthew and I took a flight up to visit friends and family in the Bay Area this weekend.
It was Matthew's first flight and he did fantastic. No crying at all.
He also spent all day Friday and Saturday with Grandma Pat and did wonderfully. She hadn't seen him since he was born so we weren't sure how he'd do, but Matthew is happy as long as someone is loving him, feeding him and changing his diapers.
Maddie spent Friday with Grandma and most of the remainder of the weekend with girlfriends from her old elementary school. They had a wonderful time and even made a video and posted it on Youtube. You can find it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoPklMC0nE4 if you're interested in viewing. Maddie plays "Erica Longhorn" the girl with the curly wig and a black mole.
I spent Friday and Saturday at a Women of Faith conference. It was fun and I got to visit with many friends that I hadn't seen in awhile. There was a comedian performing that I liked. Her name is Anita Renfroe and you can see one of her videos at youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygWO30gdpK4. She has a lot of mom and woman humor. Guys won't get it! Also heard a great talk by Sheila Walsh on prayer and Patsy Clairemont on Emotions. All in all a good time.
The last highlight of the weekend was Matthew getting to spend time with Great Grandma Bernie, Great Uncle Bill and cousins Ali and Johnny. Matthew was meeting everyone for the first time this weekend and they all had fun playing with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment