Random Political Thoughts from a Republican Mom
I had a little time alone in the car today. After being immersed in political talk for the last year, my mind just started processing some thoughts. Here they are....
I believe in redistribution of wealth.
Owen and I redistribute our "wealth" to several people each month. Our church, our pool guy, our gardener, our cleaning ladies, our hairdresser....we can go on and on---and we're only middle class.
If we get taxed more, how many of these people will no longer receive the redistribution of our "wealth?"
When the government gets involved, those who don't work at all will be the new recipients.
I believe in CHOICE for women.
I believe all women should be able to choose if they want to raise their babies. Therefore I am a supporter of adoption. I don't believe you have to keep your baby, I just believe you can't murder your baby.
I believe in a balanced check book/budget.
We manage our money this way and I expect the government to manage MY (and your) money this way.
I believe age + experience = wisdom.
I believe that you are defined by the people you spend time with.
I believe that morals are important.
Mine are defined by the bible. I've never found anything in there that would lead me the wrong way.
2 comments:
It's all pretty simple, isn't it. If we could only get the politicians and their agendas out of our way.
Well said, my friend! We are watching "Expelled" by Ben Stein -- if you haven't seen it yet, it's thought-provoking!
Post a Comment