Saturday, September 26, 2009

I'm a Girl

Over Labor Day weekend we were visiting some friends at a beachside hotel. After our time on the beach we all went to the hot tub area which is connected by glass doors to an excercise room.

After soaking for awhile in the hot tub all of the kids, except for James and Matthew, wandered into the excercise room to play on the equipment. It didn't take long for James to notice that all of the other kids had moved to the adjoining room and from the sound of it were having a great time. He walked over to the glass doors and began peering through. Soon he figured out that all of the girls were on one side of the door and all of the boys were on the other side. He wanted to play on the excercise equipment in the worst way.

He began crying, "I'm a girl, let me on that side! I'm a girl."

We all got a good laugh out of it. I was actually quite impressed that he figured out that the rooms were divided up by the sexes. That's pretty smart for a two year old.

Anyhow, although this was cute I kind of put it on the back burner and forgot about it.

UNTIL TODAY.....

We were at the McDonalds playland and James was in the structure with a bunch of other kids. I heard one of the older kids call him a baby. He wasn't going to take that!

He answered....."I'm not a baby, I'm a big girl!"

UH OH! I think he may be confused. Guess we should have done less laughing and more explaining at the hot tub!

2 comments:

That's Mendy's World said...

I am laughing so hard right now I can barely type. Poor James. He's going to grow up hating your blog! :)

Unknown said...

I know----but he's SOOOOOOO funny!