Today my friend and I were discussing Matthew and his talking. I was mentioning that it was difficult to track his development as closely as Maddie and James' because he's the third baby and we're super busy.
When thinking of the words he does say mama and dada came to mind as well as his most used and well pronunciated word....Buddy.
Later I started thinking that I really don't hear mama that much. In fact, I hear dada a lot more. Tonight I may have figured out why.
Matthew, James and Owen were in the backyard doing manly things like moving rocks around when all of the sudden I heard Matt crying. As I made my way to the backyard I could see Owen holding him and comforting him through the window. I walked right up to Matthew to wipe some tears and tell him everything will be ok when he reached out to me and said, "Dada."
Evidently, he thinks Owen and I are both Dada. I better start calling myself mama in front of him more. It'll be strange if he tells his friends he has two dads----or maybe not in this day and age:)
2 comments:
I have a better idea. Start calling Owen Mama.
When Hailey sees a picture that looks like me, she says"two mommies" which is funny unless you are standing in line at the grocery store....
Post a Comment