Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Desitin

The boys were really full of energy today and I let them have a little freedom around the house while I was busy in the kitchen.

James' bedroom door closed and I knew he had gone in there. I kind of laughed because I knew the handle was off the inside of the door and he would be stuck inside. This was ok with me because it's a safe place where he can play and I had a few minutes to eat my Lean Cuisine.

Before I sat down to eat I took a quick peek in the room and to my surprise James was sitting quietly in the middle of the floor rubbing a BIG handful of Desitin diaper rash cream all over his head and clothes. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry.

One one hand it was funny because of his white head and the contented look on his face as he rubbed it into his scalp.

On the other hand it was past my normal lunch time and the food was just about ready to eat.

I decided to put him in the sink and see if dish detergent would get the greasy mess out. After all dish soap "cuts the grease" right?

NO!

Having failed at my first attempt I put the project on hold and ate my teeny tiny lunch.

After lunch we started again. We went to the bath and I ran it as hot as I could and washed his hair 4 times with shampoo. We managed to get the white stuff out, but the grease is still there.

After bath, he went down for nap and when he woke up he looked like this.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its a mini version of Don King!