Thursday, October 15, 2009

Say It Isn't So

As many of you know James has been dealing with asthma since shortly after we moved down here in 2007. It really hasn't changed our lifestyle much, but when he gets a cold it tends to move into his chest quickly and we have to do an at home nebulizer treatment with steroids.

A few weeks ago Matthew came down with a cold and we began to hear the wheezing we know is associated with asthma. Not wanting another child with asthma, I put off taking him to the doctor, but by late afternoon I knew precisely what was wrong and brought him into the urgent care. He was treated exactly the same as James and within a few days was back to normal.

He'll have to have 3 episodes within a year to be diagnosed with asthma, so there is still hope that this was a one time event.

2 comments:

Deanne said...

Oh Debbie!!! I know exactly where you are! Let's pray that Matthew (and your family) will be spared and that this will be just a one-time thing.

Berriemore said...

It aint so. Believe on that.