Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Random Things

I've been having a hard time getting back into the blog routine, but thought I'd better write some random things that the kids have been doing over the last several weeks.

Matthew's hair began sticking straight up sometime in early December. It's funny looking, but cute at the same time. He gets lots of laughs when we're out and about.

James has developed a hilarious and very "forced" laugh. He knows it makes all of us laugh so he tries even harder to make it funny. He loves to get a laugh, just like Maddie when she was his age.

James has really gotten into truck videos. Owen, Maddie and he go to the library to check out DVD's on monster trucks, work trucks, building trucks--he loves them all!

Buddy has started chasing Maddie's carpool all the way down the street the last two days. I don't know what's gotten into him. We've been carpooling since Sept. and he's always out front with us and has never run off before. Today he almost got hit. We're gonna have to keep him inside from now on.

Matthew is starting to eat more table food. I forgot, even though it's only been a year, how hard it is to switch the kids from formula and baby food over to table food. We're trying lot's of new things. His favorites are cheerios, fruit, cookies and rice crispies.

Maddie is still loving her trampoline. She has also taken up roller blading this week.

Matthew is starting to climb up the play equipment at the park. I have to go up there with him, but he can pretty much crawl all the way up and cruise around on most of the things. Then we go down together on the slide. Sometimes we have a race with James if there are slides right next to eachother. Sometimes we make a train with all three of us and call it the "Thomas train", Yes--like the TV show--isn't Thomas a good name.

Maddie enjoys evenings dancing around the family room to 80's songs. Video Killed the Radio Star, I'm Too Sexy, You Can't Touch This, Ice, Ice Baby, etc. Her routines and facial expresions are priceless. Nikki and Ashley would be so proud!

These are a few of the thing's the kids are up to.

3 comments:

That's Mendy's World said...

I love how you added Buddy to the list of kid things. The dogs really are another child! And they have so much personality and make for great stories like the kids!
Thanks for posting. I've been waiting.
Thanks too for our talk today. Even though you were shocked you were very encouraging and loving and...nurturing. You are too nurturing. That's why we all go on vacations to Chateau Thomas' and get our "Debbie Fix". I'm due for one soon. I can't wait for Feb 15th!
I love you, my dear friend!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for blogging -- it helps me not to miss you and the family quite so much....feel like I'm there with you watching them grow up!:)

Unknown said...

You guys are too sweet! I love you so.